Traditional CCTV systems use cable links to connect cameras back to the main recording point or DVR (Digital Video Recorder). A wireless CCTV system links cameras and the DVR together via wireless devices creating a wireless network.
The network can be deployed quickly and easily without the costs and constraints associated with a hard wired cable solution, added to this the ability to easily redeploy the link the network can be moved to target multiple points or occurrences.
A wireless deployment can be used to link across a building with local wireless, site to site with a point to point link or country to country via a 3G connection; our consultants will ensure relevant options are considered in any proposal.
Benefits of wireless
- Speed of deployment: Solutions can be deployed using wireless and battery based power facilities enabling instant deployment.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Wireless systems avoid expenditure on cable maintenance and line leasing. These savings can often lead to the system paying for itself in a matter of 1-2 years.
- Inexpensive to set up: Sites can often be installed and operational in short period of time.
- Secure: Wireless systems are more resilient to vandalism and site maintenance – there is no cabling to cut or interrupt. Data transfer is encrypted for high security.
- Extension to current infrastructure: Wireless allows the redeployment of current systems through either failure or planned migration.
- No security issues: Our wireless networks operate in multiple frequencies depending on the specific site requirements and operational constraints.
- Integration: Wireless CCTV integrates easily into existing network infrastructure, enabling your wireless and cabled network to extend CCTV networks with wireless and digital capability benefit from huge cost reductions and a quantum leap in functionality.